Postpartum Support International Connecticut Chapter is a not for profit organization with the mission to promote awareness, prevention and treatment of Perinatal Mental Health issues for the well being of new mothers and their families throughout Connecticut.
You are not alone: All mothers, fathers, and families deserve support during pregnancy and parenthood.
You are not to blame: This time is challenging.
You will be well: Many types of support are available.
- All families need a safety net of supports and services during pregnancy and parenting.
- Early and systematic screening and access to treatment and care is critical in addressing Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs).
- Barriers to accessing treatment and care must be addressed.
- Perinatal Mental Health includes the full spectrum of PMADs as well as the experience of loss and bereavement of miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.
- Perinatal Mental Health recognizes birth experiences may be traumatic.
- Bonding, attachment development, infant mental health and parent-infant relationships are addressed in treatment.
- Treatment and care should be provided by professionals with special training and education on PMADs and experience working with pregnant and parenting women and families.
- Engage mothers with “lived experience” in the coalition-building work.
Our site is meant for both families and professionals across the state.
Please explore the rest of our site for additional information and resources.