Postpartum Support International Connecticut Chapter is a not for profit organization with the mission to promote awareness, prevention and treatment for perinatal well being throughout Connecticut.
You are not alone: All mothers, fathers, and families deserve support during pregnancy and parenthood.
You are not to blame: This time is challenging.
You will be well: Many types of support are available.
- All families need a safety net of supports and services during pregnancy and parenting.
- Early and systematic screening and access to treatment and care is critical in addressing Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs).
- Barriers to accessing treatment and care must be addressed.
- Perinatal Mental Health includes the full spectrum of PMADs as well as the experience of loss and bereavement of miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.
- Perinatal Mental Health recognizes birth experiences may be traumatic.
- Bonding, attachment development, infant mental health and parent-infant relationships are addressed in treatment.
- Treatment and care should be provided by professionals with special training and education on PMADs and experience working with pregnant and parenting women and families.
- Engage mothers with “lived experience” in the coalition-building work.
Our site is meant for both families and professionals across the state.
Please explore the rest of our site for additional information and resources.