Find your village!
PLEASE NOTE: This page includes all free support groups in Connecticut known to PSI-CT at this time. Listing of a group on this website page is in no way an endorsement of such group or meant to show preference of a listed group over a group which is not listed on this website page. Individuals/families are responsible for choosing a support group which best meets their needs and provides the support they are looking for at any given time. Group facilitators are individually responsible for the content and process of their particular support group. Please contact the Support Group Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to add or remove a group from this list. Thank you!
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support Groups are available through Hope After Loss www.hopeafterloss.org
National perinatal mental health support groups are available at www.postpartum.net
Connecticut Support Groups Listing
Lactation Support Group
- When: Bi-Weekly in Person 10:00-1130 Wednesdays
- Contact: Cristina Bierce & Grace Morningstar
- Email email@example.com to register
- In-person 94 Locust Ave Danbury
Circle of Mamas – Support Group for New Moms
- Location: ONLINE
- Family Wellness Center
- When: Mondays from 10:30 am-12:00am
- Contact: 860-347-6971 ext 3662, or firstname.lastname@example.org more information at www.familywellness.chc1.com
It Takes A Village
- Location : online
- When: Thursdays at 1pm EST
- Contact: Sarah Upton at email@example.com
- Register here
New Haven County
Moms Group (of Milford)
- Where: ONLINE- Google Meets
- When: Weekly on Wednesdays from 10am-11am
- Contact: Tori Santamauro & Amanda Steinlauf firstname.lastname@example.org or call 475-343-7681
- Register Here
LGBTQIA+ Parenting Group for Parents and Babies (up to 2 years)
- Where: In-Person at Empowered Beginnings 3074 Whitney Ave Hamden CT
- When: Monthly on Saturdays 2-4pm
- Email Ashley at email@example.com to sign up
- This is co-facilitated by a LGBTQIA peer.
4th Trimester Support Group
- Where: In-Person at Empowered Beginnings 3074 Whitney Ave Hamden CT Suite 211
- When: Weekly on Wednesdays 11am-1pm
- Contact: Rebecca Greenberg @ firstname.lastname@example.org or register here https://forms.gle/RdofPHpJ6GTMLR5EA
Yale New Haven WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program
Led by Taylor Smith & Geraldine Mateo
- When: Thursday10-11:30a Weekly
- Contact: Taylor Smith, Geraldine Mateo email@example.com, 203-430-5762
- Location: 150 Sargent Drive, New Haven. Inside the Fair Haven Pediatric Clinic
- To register: Ynhh.org/events (search breastfeeding, select Sargent Drive location)
- While this group is offered by WIC, it is free and open to all postpartum breastfeeding families; children and supports welcome!
New London County
Niantic New Mama Support Circle
- Location: in-person Waterford Public Library
- When: Bi-Weekly, 10 am to 12 pm
- Contact: Marie Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org for the zoom invitation and the schedule!
ABC ~ Adjustment to Baby Challenges Support Circle
- Where: ONLINE
- When: Fridays from 12-1pm
- Contact: If you are a new group member please go here for guidelines and registration.
- Or email Sharon Thomason, at email@example.com or call 860-233-9772 x846 or Annie Keating-Scherer 860-212-7066.
Life After NICU Parent Support Group
Life After NICU is a support group for parents of color in the Greater Hartford area who are going through or survived the NICU experience with their pre-term or full-term infants. It can sometimes be hard for NICU parents to find the time to get to a group but now you can “ZOOM” in from the comfort of your home and meet other parents who face these challenges.
- Location: ONLINE
- When: Every Second Saturday of the Month from 2-3:30pm
- Contact: Whitley Mingo, at 860-578-2323 or Nubeingdoula@gmail.com
The Brave Space
This group is for moms that are juggling all the struggles of postpartum. From breastfeeding to sleep issues, to all the feelings and self-doubts that come up for new moms. Come find your people in the Brave space. Hosted by Ailish McMahon-Lewis of Birthing Bravely who is a Reiki Master, Holistic Birth and Postpartum Doula and Sleep Consultant and Wendy Mohr Retired RN that specialized in woman’s health for over 35 years!
- Location: 642 Hilliard Mills, Manchester CT 06042 Suite 2111
- When: Bi-Monthly 1st & 3rd Wednesdays 10am-11:30am
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register Here
Growing Together: Young Expectant Mom Group
Free ongoing support group open for any young women up to age 21 who is expecting a baby. Connect with other young expecting moms in a supportive and educational space. Join us to discuss issues, challenges, and concerns during this season .
- Where: Free Virtual Online Meetings
- When: Every Tuesday 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Contact: Elyonpc@counselingsecure.com
In Person Group!
New Infant Support Group
A weekly support group for parents with new infants. An opportunity to connect with other parents, ask questions with a postpartum doula and hear tips and advice on caring for an infant.
- Where: Free in Person- Various Location in Avon & Farmington
- When: Every Thursday 10:30am-11:30am
- Contact: Liz Weeks @ email@example.com
- Register here
New Moms Group!
Led by Board Certified Lactation Consultant Nicky Prince.
- Where: Pitkin Community Center, Wethersfield
- When: Monthly on Fridays 12-2pm
- Contact: Nicky Prince
- Email to get dates: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parenting Support Squad:
A free parenting group for families or caregivers with children 0-5!
- Location: On Zoom!
- Connect, Share and Learn together
- Tuesdays 10-11 AM (The 1 st and 3 rd week of each month)
- Contact or with questions or to register and receive the zoom link:
- Sandra Assanowicz: SAssanowicz@DayKimball.org Call or text 860.428.0444
- Dea Vernott: email@example.com 860-442-0711 x5007 or text 203-903-7536
Eastern Connecticut Chapter Breastfeeding USA
- Location: Hybrid: Canterbury Public Library, 1 Municipal Dr. Canterbury CT 06331 or Google Meet
- When: Monthly on Wednesdays 5:00PM-6:00PM
- Contact: Erinn Tanguay
- Email: Erinn.Tanguay@breastfeedingusa.org/ or call 860-908-3500
Strong Like a Mother
- Location: Zoom
- When: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month 7:00-8:00pm.
- Contact: Erin Rhault
- Please email ErinR@teegonline.org for the meeting link and for the registration paperwork.
Do you have a group?
Do you want it listed or are you listed and need it updated?
Please fill out this form below to get listed on this webpage for PSI- CT Chapter.